19th August – 30th September
A small team consisting of Andy North, Dave Edwards & Mike Senior will be completing over 2,000 miles of running, cycling and kayaking for 6 weeks from Catterick Garrison in Yorkshire to Gibraltar. For more information and how to support them please visit their website here.
The team are completing this arduous challenge in recognition of the fantastic work the British Forces Charities do to support the Soldiers and their families affected by war, with particular support for The Forces Children’s Trust and ABF The Soldiers Charity.
What is the Sunshine Challenge?
• 6 weeks of Endurance from Yorkshire to Gibraltar
• Setting off from Catterick Garrison North Yorkshire on Friday 19th August 2011 at 10am
• Running each morning for 3 hours (20 miles)
• Cycling afternoons 4 hours (45 miles)
• Through England, France & Spain
• Kayaking the Thames and across the English Channel
• Includes 6,000ft Col d’Aubisque climb in Pyrenees – route of Tour de France
• Total Distance 25 Marathons… 1,500 miles Cycling… 26 Miles Kayaking