Started from the heart not for money, the Baton is a true charity, managed totally by volunteers and run from a Barbers Shop in Devon, with the invaluable support of marvellous people who donate time and services.
Thanks to the generous hearts of the public and the strenuous efforts of many dedicated people, money has been donated to The Baton and in turn we have been able and delighted to make the following donations:
- Army - £1000
- RAF - £1500
- Royal Navy - £1000
- Royal Marines - £1000
- Parachute Regiment - £1000
- Project Mobility – £500
- Falklands Veterans Association – £500
- Veterans In Action – £1000
- Talking 2 Minds – £1000
- Royal Hospital Chelsea – £1000
- Blind Veterans UK - £1000
- The National Memorial Arboretum – £1000
- Forces Children’s Trust – £1000
- The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund – £1000
- SSAFA – for immediate support – £500
- Personal Help in the form of Medical Support – £435
As stated above, provision has been made for any money raised to be distributed, some to smaller charities doing fabulous work who do not always get a national profile, we would welcome any suggestions for where such grants could be made, details on how you can contact us are here.
For full details on what we hope to achieve please see Our Mission page.